Sunday 6 October 2013

The Journey Begins

I am so excited! Creating a blog has been on my list of things to do, and I am finally taking that first step (thanks to the first Exploring the MTBoS Mission)! My journey actually began back in the winter when my friend and colleague John Hannah (@cya_outside) introducted me to twitter. At first I wasn't sure about it. Then, a funny thing happened; summer came, and I actually had TIME to explore it. Slowly I found a few people to follow, who led me to a few more to follow.... Then, I discovered chats! The #msmathchat group has been awesome! That led me to @JustinAion who is my twitter god, and is pretty darn funny to boot!!! As I took part in the chat, the name #MTBoS came up. I shyly asked, "What is that?", and then my world was CHANGED! I suddenly found more people and blogs. My feelings of being isolated in my school were suddenly gone. Thanks to all the wonderful educators who put themselves out there and allow me to learn from them: Justin Aion, Julie Reulbach, Kate Nowak, Fawn Nguyen, @DunbarBridget, @shlagteach, @Mcoaty, @rachelwhitney21, and probably so many more I am forgetting. So far, I have been selfishly using twitter and blogs to get ideas from others, but hopefully, I can now start to give back, and put out some of my ideas too. This is a little scary for me, but also very exciting!

4 comments:

  1. I am beyond flattered, not only to be able to have helped you so much, but to even be in the same list as Julie, Fawn and Kate! They are MY Twitter gods!

    Don't be scared! We are all here to help each other!

    This job is only lonely if you want it to be!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I am a little scared to contact Fawn as she is just way out of my league. Maybe I will with the MTBoS challenge this week. I will try not to be scared!

      Delete
    2. Haha, Fawn would just laugh at the comment "way out of my league"--she is so helpful and wonderful and kind, you definitely should contact her! Although I agree, she is pretty awesome!

      Delete
    3. I did contact her and she is wonderful and kind! I'm loving these Explore MTBoS missions!

      Delete